Vacancy: Civil Design Engineer
Civil Design Engineer required with 1-3 years’ experience in general civil works for a consultancy in Dublin City Centre.
3D Personnel’s clientis an International Civil and Structural Engineering Consultancy Practice with offices in Dublin, London and Sofia.
The company provides bespoke civil and structural design services for a wide range of sectors including Commercial, Office, Retail, Education, Healthcare and Residential.
The Role of Civil Design Engineer:
- You will be working as part of a diverse team of engineers within Dublin office, and will be responsible for carrying out the detailed design of various civils elements associated with developments.
- You will be required to liaise and coordinate with other project team members such as Architects, Landscape Architects, M&E Consultants, Quantity Surveyors and Project Managers.
- You will assist in preparing written reports for planning applications, in preparing tender packages, and in attending site inspections.
- You will be familiar with design standards such as DMURS, DMRB, GDSDS, CIRIA SuDS Manual etc.
- The successful candidate will be assisted in their professional development through training and experience gained on a variety of projects.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum Level 8 Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline; a master’s qualification is advantageous
- Experienced in the design of urban roads and streets, including familiarity with DMURS and DMRB
- Experienced in general drainage network design and Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS)
- Familiar with Irish Water’s Codes of Practice and Design Requirements
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and Autodesk AutoCAD
- Experience in use of Microdrainage and/or Civil3D is advantageous
- Fluent English Speaker and are eligible to work in Ireland
- Full Clean Irish Drivers Licence
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Strong technical/analytical ability with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios
- A proactive approach and willingness to collaborate closely with other design team members
- Strong interpersonal/people skills and able to explain your work confidently to internal and external colleagues
- Site/construction experience would be beneficial