Vacancy: Planning Engineer (Trainee position)
Salary: €40k - €60K DOE + package
3D Personnel’s client is a mechanical and electrical engineering contractor with over 50 years experience. The firm operates in Ireland, the UK and Northern Europe. An opportunity has arisen for a confident, motivated and customer-focused Engineer or Trade background person who shows great leadership and decision making skills in order to guide and inspire the site teams to deliver a top class product.
The successful candidate will be trained to progress to the role of planning engineer and will eventually give active project management support of multi-function/ discipline project delivery work facilitating planning, scheduling and controlling processes. Supporting project stakeholders through advice and clear communication with key data insights and answers to critical project progress questions aiding effective decision making.
- Develop / Manage Pinch Point Schedules
- Provide Management Information and Predictive Reports and Analytics
- Build Methodology Drawings
- Provide support to Project Manager throughout Project Life-Cycle
- Prepare and produce Metrics Histograms S-curves / Plans
- Develop / Track Programmes / Time-Schedules (Project Plans)
- Prepare/ Develop Manpower Histograms S-curves / Plans
- Detail Look Ahead Schedules / Phased Drawings
- Complete Project Reports
- Claim Substantiation / Backup
- Trade Certification (Mechanical / Electrical ideal)
- Third level Engineering / Construction Management Degree (preferred but not essential)
- Demonstratable ability to implement and develop plans, monitor and control work
- 3 to 5 years’ experience
- Knowledge of Mechanical / Electrical sequencing and construction methodologies.