Vacancy: BIM Engineer
Salary: €45-50k + package
3D Personnel’s client, a leading M&E Contractor, are currently seeking to recruit on a permanent basis a BIM Engineer to join their BIM team based on a large project.
The successful candidate will be experienced in using BIM software, Revit, NavisWorks and Autocad for at least 2 years.
This is a great opportunity to join a leading main contractor in Ireland / Europe area offering the chance to work on large projects while receiving great company benefits.
- Support the project team with regard to all co-ordination deliverables
- Delivering all 3D and 2D deliverables set by the BIM lead
- Assisting the BIM Lead with production of 2D co-ordination and installation drawings
- Assisting the BIM Lead with 3D elements needed for design and co-ordination
- Supporting all parties working within the BIM process
- Working within a team environment help to achieve efficient project delivery
- Detailing of 3D elements needed for design and co-ordination
- Production of 3D model files through Revit and where needed Fabrication Cad
- Production of 2D co-ordination and installation drawings
- Ensuring that detailed model files are co-ordinated and clash free by clashing against federated model on a constant basis (every 30min)
- Taking direct instructions from BIM lead on all design issues
- Administration of Vault files
- Clash detection of submitted files
- Daily building of federated model
- Ensure all files submitted in correct format
- Attend weekly co-ordination meetings when requested
- Support all parties working within the BIM process
- Assist with clash resolutions on site
- Verification and preparation of layout drawings to meet contract requirements
- Confers with project engineer and project management staff to resolve problems and explain drawings to production or construction teams and providing adjustments as necessary
- Production of all verified record drawings
- Site surveying & verification including point cloud scanning and total station operation
- Production of all 2D project drawings
- Updating and administrating of all co-ordination documents registers and drawings
- Assist with tenders and other drawing requirements from the business unit.
- Work within a designated project working as part of a project team
- Gain knowledge of mechanical & electrical systems with regard to 3D co-ordination
- Develop knowledge of onsite co-ordination, fabrication and construction
- Attend co-ordination meetings and develop communication skills
- Very good experience using of BIM software is essential - Revit, NavisWorks and AutoCad at a minimum;
- Experience using the BIM 360 platform and Solibri is advantageous;
- A good understanding of BIM Level 2 requirements and industry BIM protocol;
- 2 Years (minimum) experience in a similar BIM related role. Working with a general contractor would be preferable;
- A construction related third level degree in Engineering, Building Services, Architecture or Structures
- Construction experience on large scale commercial, industrial, mixed-use or similar
- Design co-ordination experience across multiple disciplines.