Vacancy: BIM Coordinator/Engineer
Location: Northern Europe
Our client are currently recruiting for a BIM Coordinator/Engineer to work on site on a Data Centre project in Northern Europe.
The successful candidate will join an already established BIM design team on the Pre-Construction phase of this project.
Our client are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Engineering contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK. Our client are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Commercial and Data Centre.
The BIM Coordinator Roles and Responsibilities are to deliver:
- Chair Weekly Coordination Meetings and Breakout Workshops, compiling minutes and action items from this sessions and follow-up.
- Comply with the BIM Execution Plan (BEP) standards, and specific plans for each project.
- Comply with BIM and CAD Standards.
- Production of weekly Updates of the Navisworks Model and issue Clash Detection Reports.
- Provide input into weekly project reports including timesheets, percentages complete and narratives on work completed.
- The production of fully annotated and coordinated 2D Builderworks Drawings (BWIC) and Services Drawings.
- The production of “As Built” drawings and input to Operational & Maintenance File.
- Assist to ensure all projects are driven to provide the best value solutions and delivered on time and within budget.
The BIM Coordinator will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Relevant qualifications or a Mechanical / Electrical / Plumbing trade background
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in BIM Coordinator Role, managing your own workload and tracking progress on projects.
- ‘Autodesk Autocad /Revit/ Navisworks’
- Proven ability / experience of 3D coordination of M&E systems (pipework, ventilation, containment, lighting, sprinkler & Plant) for a large contractor.
- Experience of creating 2D construction issue drawings.
- Experience in reading Architectural and M&E drawings.
- Experience chairing coordination meetings.
- Core construction discipline desirable (Architectural, Engineering or MEP)
- Experience of working on 3 Projects in BIM valued at over £1m
- The BIM Coordinator beneficial but not essential knowledge in the following:-
- ‘Autodesk Fabrication MEP’