Position: Bid Writer/Manager
Salary: Up to €75,000 negotiable plus benefits package
Our client is a leading Main Contractor in the Irish Market. The deliver projects in the following sectors: Commercial & Fit-Out, Education, Civic & Amenity, Healthcare, Pharma & Industrial, Leisure, Residential.
You will have the opportunity to work in a leading role, responsible for managing and writing exceptional tender winning submissions for large scale construction projects and assisting in compiling Pre-Qualification Questionnaires.
You will work as part of the tender bid team in conjunction with the Estimating and Project Coordination Departments to thoroughly scrutinise project tender requirements, review scope, develop a fully considered plan and present well-coordinated construction methodology proposals.
• Work with the bid team to compile PQQ’s and manage tender construction methodology submissions workload.
• Accompany the tendering team on site visits to appraise new projects as part of the tender bid process.
• Scrutinise, evaluate, and understand all information and documentation as included within tender packs.
• Assist in tracking all tender queries, responses, and addendums with the bid team.
• Collaborate with Construction Planners to prepare very detailed tender programmes following thorough review of all tender documentation, highlighting any constraints and risks to completion timelines.
• Seek input from other staff, subcontractors, and specialist consultants as part of the tender research process.
• Gather information and write accurate, well formatted, and well-presented content for all tender submissions.
• Engage fully with the estimating team to identify specific project risks, resolve proposed methodologies, agree resourcing requirements.
• Develop logistics plans and overall construction methodologies.
• Assess and develop opportunities for value engineering alternatives.
• Create 3D & 4D computer generated imagery in collaboration with the BIM department.
• Effectively present construction proposals with the bid team in a tender interview forum.
• Transfer knowledge with the tendering team to the construction operations team upon successful contract award.
• Create and maintain a database of tender proposal information for future utilisation and ongoing improvement.
• Continually review & improve the company tender bid procedures.
• Must be from a main contractor background with relevant onsite operations experience.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working as a dedicated Bid Manager with excellent bid writing skills.
• Clear and concise communicator with an aptitude for problem solving and thinking outside the box.
• Talented in the presentation of technical content and proficient in the use of copywriting presentation software.
• Able to work accurately and efficiently while managing owns time to meet critical deadlines.
• Minimum degree level qualification in Engineering or Construction related discipline.