3D Personnel are pleased to announce 2 positions for Bid Writers for a main contractor, located in Waltham Abbey. We are looking for successful bid writers that have main contractor experience and success in presenting winning bids to clients in the construction sector. There is an opportunity for a permanent position and a fixed term 12 month contract.
They retain the attention to detail and customer focus that has underpinned the company’s success, moving into new build housing development and occupied refurbishment. As a developer, contractor, partner and investor they offer an end-to-end solution delivering complex projects with skill and expertise
- To produce high quality, innovative and compliant bid submissions.
- To manage and coordinate quality response from wider business functions
- Work with other functions across the business to plan answer content and source case studies.
- Report bid progress to the Bid Manager, highlighting salient issues and information.
- To enhance the profile and reputation of the company to ensure new business opportunities.
- Manage and coordinate your workload to ensure that all the bid requirements are well managed, maintained and acted upon. Quickly grasp and assimilate complex information and apply creative intellect informing the Bid Manager of salient information and requirements.
- Successfully respond to OJEU notices and invitations to tender and development bids through the production of high-quality, innovative and compliant ITT submissions, PPQ’s, SQ’s, EOI’s and PIN’s, that are tailored to suit the specific requirements of the enquiry from our clients.
- Produce quality writing plans for the wider business departments to aid them in their quality response. Coordinate and review their response to ensure it deals with all client requirements and promotes Durkan in the best possible way.
- Recognise our clients’ needs to use this insight in preparing bids and tender submissions. Promote the client’s requirements and USP’s to the wider team and ensure they form part of our quality submission.
- Liaise with the Technical and Quality departments as well as Business Development, Construction Managers, Commercial Managers, Resident Liaison Officers, Design Coordinators, Estimators and Buyers to develop successful bid documents, ensuring they are produced on time.
- Build a ‘bid library’ by saving high quality question and answers and liaise with the Technical and Quality departments as well as Business Development, Construction Managers, Commercial Managers, Resident Liaison Officers, Design Coordinators, Estimators and Buyers to gain insight into all the innovative thinking there is throughout the business.
- Audit and review submission documents to ensure our message is addressed, the questions are answered and the documents spelling, grammar and layout is of the highest standard to ensure the best possible submission is achieved.
- Ensure that all publication processes and systems (including the computerisation of all functions) are compatible with bid and tender submission documents ensuring accuracy and efficiency.
- Work as part of a proactive team to initiate new strategies within our bid submissions in response to the demands of the private and affordable housing markets.
- Be creative and original in thinking, to develop innovative, commercial solutions. Develop one’s self to ensure you are continually updated on the best industry practices. Attend training and skills improvement courses as and when identified through appraisals in line with the responsibilities and objectives of a Bid Writers role.
- To arrange feedback from clients and employers’ agents and disseminate information within the Bid submissions team to create a culture of continuous improvement.
- To act as a catalyst of the Bid Submissions team in the challenge of working cohesively and positively towards project objectives. Be proactive and willing to go beyond the call of duty to succeed and promote a winning team ethos.
- Work as part of a team and assist in the production of supplementary marketing documentation to illustrate the capabilities of Durkan.
Wider Business Responsibilities
Mainly required when covering holiday and sick leave and on occasion during unprecedented busy periods.
- Support the Bid Manager in the administration of the department
- Monitor the Bid team e-mail address when required
- Manage information flow and storage for all Tender Addendums
- Producing PQQ hard copy documentation / binding
- Producing tender hard copy documentation / binding
- Response and submit all compliance information required for submissions
- Respond to portal notifications, new enquiries, queries, and actions
- Submit and monitoring questions raised on portal
- Download and checking integrity and content of tender information, raising queries on information provided
- Managing tender issue and addendums to ensure data trail exist on the Bid Drive
- Organising couriers and tender submission logistics as required
- Maintain the Sales Achiever database and input data
- Maintain the Bid Tracker with all current and live updates
- Respond to portal notifications for new enquiries (New Business Pipeline)
- Maintain the pipeline tracker ensuring all new opportunities are updated regularly
- Book outlook calendar invites for all bid meetings and bid deadlines
- Draft reports, minutes and letters including other general typing requirements
- Proofread reports, statements, and documents
- Update and maintain the bid folders
Wider Support Responsibilities:
- PowerPoint presentations for interviews
- Typing letters, reports, minutes, labels and any other general typing/correspondence
- Editing, formatting and printing email correspondence
- Amending and printing sub-contractor tender enquiries
- Up-dating the internal telephone lists and job lists bi-monthly or as required
- Photocopying, printing and filing
- Creating files and filing systems
- Collating and binding to create a presentation document
- Support the bid writing team to ensure quality and compliant bid submissions are produced.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Excellent understanding of the bid process
- Experience with producing high quality successful bid submissions
- Experience with writing quality responses within the construction industry
- Resilient, tenacious and able to take responsibility for your workload
- Good project management skills
- Experience with submitting PQQ, SQ, EOI’s and PIN’s
- Experience of template creation and document manipulation
- Works well under pressure on multiple fronts with quick turn arounds
- Well organised and meticulous character
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of how to use Indesign Software
- Excellent creative writing skills
- Have an excellent aptitude to understand bid documents translating and presenting them as clients wants and needs to a wider team
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel & PowerPoint is essential
- Excellent ability to manage information flow and distribution
- Sound understanding of information storage on computer networks
- Good understanding of the tender, procurement & construction process
- Knowledge of new build development, contracting & refurbishment projects
- Professional & thorough in approach
- Self-motivated with a flexible Approach
- A strong communicator
- Good timekeeper
- Excellent English oral and written communicator
- Good knowledge of bid requirements and how to achieve excellent quality submissions
- Able to manage multiple workloads
- Good knowledge of the pre-construction process
- Experience using Sales Achiever is an advantage
- Ideal candidate would have an education or professional qualification (not essential)
Please apply on the site or call one of our professional and technical recruitment team on 02071833030 or 02380 406322 to express your interest in the above positions.