Vacancy: Assistant Site Manager
Location: South Dublin
Salary: €40K -€50K + package
3DPersonnel’s client are one of Ireland’s most respected building and property development firms.
An opportunity has arisen for a confident, motivated and career focused Assistant Site Manager who shows fledgling leadership and good decision making skills.
The successful candidate will have worked for main contractors/subcontractor or developers for 1 - 3 years across Ireland/UK.
This is a great opportunity for a highly ambitious individual that wishes to work for one of Ireland’s most progressive companies.
Your duties as Assistant Site Manager:
- Assist Senior Site Manager in overseeing operations on a day-to-day basis
- Ensure that work is done safely, on time and within budget and to the right quality standards
- Monitor progress, oversee delivery of materials and carry out safety checks and sort out any problems which could hold up work as they arise
- Keep in close contact with members of their site team at all times
- Liaise with architects, engineers, surveyors and planners
- Checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations
- Manage, monitor and interpret the design documents supplied by the client or architect
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties or problems as they arise
- Attend regular meetings to keep others informed of progress; prepare progress reports
- Plan and efficiently organising plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines
- Ensure that work complies with building regulations and health and safety legislation as well as other legal requirements
- Keep the client updated regularly on progress
- Act as point of contact for members of the public and sub-contractors
- Degree/Higher Diploma/HETAC Level 8 Engineering or equivalent
- 1 - 3 years’ post-qualification experience as Engineer
- Background in residential developments desirable
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for tasks/projects
- Accuracy, attentive to detail, and a methodical nature are key
- The ability to lead, use initiative and be self-motivated
- Good organisation & time management skills are essential
- Good understanding of current Health & Safety legislation is needed