Job Description: Assistant Quantity Surveyor
On behalf of my client, I am actively recruiting for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to work on ongoing projects across Belfast/Northern Ireland. My Client is a highly sucuessul tier 1 construction company delivering an abundance of high end projects across Northern Ireland and Nationwide .
- Produce and send enquiries to subcontractors inviting them to tender and engagement with supply chain
- Receive and analyse quotations, liaising with Contracts Managers and Site Agents regarding price, proven history, availability etc.
- Notify in writing both successful and unsuccessful subcontractors in a timely manner
- Produce and process formal subcontract documents and certify interim and final payments and final subcontract account
- Produce bill of quantity/activity schedule for payment purposes
- Produce cash flow forecasts for internal and client purposes
- Monitor and control income and expenditure on contracts e.g. interim/final applications for payment/final accounts/payments for late monies etc. liaising where necessary with the relevant people e.g. engineers, clients etc.
- Produce relevant monthly reports for the Commercial Manager e.g. cost and value comparisons, turnover forecasts etc. ensuring information is complete and accurate
Applicants are expected to have:
- Possess 1 year of experience within a construction contractor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying.
- Understanding of QS duties and processes.
Please note this role requires the candidate to travel around the UK from time to time .
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org