Belfast (remote working available too)
37.5 hours per week
£28K - £30K
Our Client Is an award winning social enterprise – offering services that focus on supporting people into employment, training and volunteering. Through the European Social Fund project that they run, they support people every step of the way on their journey to employment. They offer accredited training to build up skills and confidence as well as work place experience and voluntary placements. Their dedicated staff work with people to help them become job ready and then secure employment.
The Assistant Accountant will work to support their ambitious growth plans across Ireland and report directly to the Financial Controller.
You will be responsible for providing financial support across the Group involvement in the preparation of monthly management accounts; assisting with budget forecasting; cash flow and financial control. The successful candidate will also contribute to the development and improvement of our financial systems in line with the overall finance strategy.
• Assist the Financial Controller with the production of monthly Management Accounts in line with the month end-reporting timetable, including financial support to the nominated budget holders.
• Analyse and resolve financial queries raised by Services budget managers/holders for area of remit.
• Assist the Financial Controller with the completion of all balance sheet reconciliations in accordance with defined procedures and best accounting practice.
• Monthly reconciliation of the group Bank Accounts.
• Responsible for the collation of monthly and quarterly funding grant claims and vouching process.
• Participate in Quarterly stocktake verification at each of the various sites across the organisation.
• Review of nominal ledger to ensure accuracy of postings in line with agreed processes and procedures.
• Provide support with the monthly payroll process.
• Maintain and develop the organisation’s fixed asset register.
• Prepare quarterly VAT Returns ensuring they are reconciled, and payments made/claimed accordingly across the organisation.
• Prepare regular supplier payment runs in line with creditor balance sheet reconciliation.
• Regular review of aged debtor reports including full responsibility for credit control.
• Support the Financial Controller with cashflow management across the organisation.
• Contribute to the annual external audit process including the preparation of annual statutory accounts.
• Take ownership and responsibility of all tasks assigned and proactively seek solutions.
• Assist the review and development of internal financial control processes.
• Support and maintain an effective central purchase ordering system for the Group.
• Support the Financial Controller with ad hoc analysis and financial reviews as and when required.
• Provide adequate training to staff on the internal financial processes.
• Take ownership and responsibility of all tasks assigned and proactively seek solutions
What we are looking for.
Minimum of 2 years relevant accounting experience at an Assistant Accountant role (including experience with all sub ledgers and nominal ledger);
Ability to bring accounts through to Trial Balance;
Experience of dealing with external funding bodies;
Strong IT Skills, confident use of Microsoft Office, especially excel;
Working knowledge and experience of accounting systems and software;
Full UK driving license;
Reliability and integrity, together with an enthusiastic and positive attitude;
Ability to use initiative, being proactive in seeking to improve systems and processes;
Great organisational skills, strong attention to detail and ability to prioritising workload effectively;
Good written and oral communication skills;
Self-motivated, with adaptable and flexible approach to tasks assigned.
Experience of working within the voluntary sector and/or social enterprise;
Have completed or commenced a recognised finance qualification;
Experience using Sage Line 50;
Project claims and vouching process.
Shortlisting will be based on the evidence that you supply on your application form to satisfactorily demonstrate how, and to what extent, you meet the above criteria. The Shortlisting Panel will not make assumptions as to your circumstances, qualifications, and experience.
Please note that employment with may be subject to a check from the Access NI Service. For positions in regulated activity a check of the Data Barring Service (DBS) will be required. For further information please refer to the Access NI Code of Practice at: http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/accessni
22 days annual leave plus 12 statutory days (pro-rata)
Holiday purchase scheme
Flexible working initiatives
Health Cash Plan
Access to confidential Staff Counselling & Financial Advisory Services
Stakeholder Pension Scheme (5% employer contribution)
Bike to Work Scheme Registered
How to Apply:
Please send your full and up to date CV along with a cover note or email to David/Robert in our Multi-Sector team in order to apply for this role.
Please note at this time, applications can only be accepted from those who already hold legal right to work in Ireland.
3D Personnel is operating as an Employment Agency and Business.
Equality is at the forefront of our operation and we provide equality of opportunity to everyone.