FT Permanent role
£25-30k DOE, plus Competitive benefits
We are recruiting on behalf of an independent statutory authority based in Derry who operate to the highest standards of efficiency, financial prudence, environmental awareness, safety and security. The organisation is self-financing, with most if not all profits being re-invested into the business for the benefit of the NW region as a whole.
Having identified the need to strengthen their Finance Team, they now invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of Assistant Accountant.
The Preparation of Accurate and Timely Financial Information, Reports and Analysis.
Key Responsibilities include, but not limited to: (full job info available to shortlisted applicants)
• To produce monthly management accounts including profit and loss account, balance sheet reconciliations, explanations for variances to budget and divisional performance for the Organisation in an accurate and timely manner;
• To assist the Assistant Finance Director in the preparation of the year end audit file, annual statutory Financial Statements and liaise with the External Auditor as required;
• To assist the Assistant Finance Director in providing analysis to the External Audit Tax department for the calculation of corporation and deferred tax;
• To prepare monthly profit projections, updated on a weekly basis;
• To assist the Assistant Finance Director in the preparation of financial analyses, key performance indicators / monthly variance analysis and cashflow forecasts as required;
• To assist the Assistant Finance Director in the annual budgeting process and strategy development;
• To produce divisional profit and loss accounts as required within the strategic cycle;
• To prepare and process monthly creditor payments and ensure purchases comply with the Organisation’s procurement policy;
• To assist in compliance with relevant Accounting Standards and the Organisation’s statutory requirements relating to VAT, PAYE, National Insurance, Pension and other returns and payments:
• To review and approve the weekly payroll including the calculation of overtime, holiday pay, etc.
Part qualified accountant working towards ACA or equivalent or a fully qualified Accounting Technician; ATI or equivalent;
Have at least two years relevant experience in either a commercial or practice background (inclusive of training contract);
Demonstrate and provide evidence of a thorough understanding of statutory accounting requirements;
Strong accounts preparation experience alongside expertise in another discipline or strong experience in preparing management accounts;
Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications, in particular Microsoft Excel;
Strong data analysis and reporting ability.
High attention to detail.
Effective written and verbal communication skills.
What is on offer?
Negotiable salary, excellent unparalleled paid holidays;
Generous contributory pension scheme;
On-site free car parking;
Health and Well Being Initiatives;
An excellent career path.
Please note our client is unable to offer visa sponsorship. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work where this role is based for your application to be considered.
How to Apply:
Please send your full and up to date CV (before 08.10.21) along with a cover note or email to David/Robert in our Multi-Sector team in order to apply for this role.
3D Personnel is operating as an Employment Agency and Business.
Equality is at the forefront of our operation and we provide equality of opportunity to everyone.