Accountant, Ref. 12779
FT Permanent role
Competitive Salary and Package (DOE)
We are recruiting on behalf of an independent statutory authority based in Derry who operate to the highest standards of efficiency, financial prudence, environmental awareness, safety and security. The organisation is self-financing, with most if not all profits being re-invested into the business for the benefit of the NW region as a whole.
Having identified the need to strengthen their Finance Team, they now invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of Accountant.
The Preparation of Accurate and Timely Financial Information, Reports and Analysis.
Your role will include but not limited to the following general responsibilities
- To produce monthly management accounts including profit and loss account, balance sheet reconciliations, explanations for variances to budget and divisional performance for the Organisation in an accurate and timely manner;
- To prepare the year end audit file, annual statutory Financial Statements and liaise with the External Auditor as required;
- To provide analysis to the External Audit Tax department for the calculation of corporation and deferred tax;
- To prepare monthly profit projections, updated on a weekly basis;
- To assist the Assistant Finance Director in the preparation of financial analyses, key performance indicators / monthly variance analysis and cash flow forecasts as required;
- To prepare and process the monthly payroll including timely completion and submission of HMRC forms and pension contributions; and
- To assist the Assistant Finance Director in the preparation of financial and commercial reports and information for the Finance Director;
- To assist in compliance with relevant Accounting Standards and the Organisation’s statutory requirements relating to VAT, PAYE, National Insurance, Pension and other returns and payments.
- To provide assistance in developing, documenting, implementing, monitoring and reviewing robust and efficient financial control policies and procedures and financial administration systems to maintain best practice processes, gain efficiencies and reduce risk;
- To provide ad-hoc support to the Finance Director as required;
What we are looking for
A fully qualified accountant - ACA or equivalent;
Have at least three years relevant experience in either a commercial or practice background;
Demonstrate and provide evidence of a thorough understanding of statutory accounting requirements;
Strong accounts preparation experience alongside expertise in another discipline or strong experience in preparing management accounts;
Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications, in particular Microsoft Excel, Strong data analysis and reporting ability;
Effective written and verbal communication skills.
First time passes in all professional examinations.
Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics Navision.
Experience working with a payroll software system.
What is on offer?
Competitive negotiable salary, excellent unparalleled paid holidays;
Generous contributory pension scheme;
On-site free car parking;
Health and Well Being Initiatives;
Please note our client is unable to offer visa sponsorship. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work where this role is based for your application to be considered.
How to Apply:
Please send your full and up to date CV along with a cover note or email to David/Robert in our Multi-Sector team in order to apply for this role.
3D Personnel is operating as an Employment Agency and Business.
Equality is at the forefront of our operation and we provide equality of opportunity to everyone.