Our client currently requires a qualified accountant for a dynamic business in the agriculture and renewable energy sector. Working with an enthusiastic, collaborative, and innovative management team, you will bring a fresh energy and vision to help enhance and develop the finance function as this business continues to grow. Working in a modern office environment in a picturesque setting, a competitive salary is on offer to interested candidates. This role reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
Main Aspects of Role:
- Preparation of monthly consolidated accounts for a number of entities with commentary on performance
- Regular forecasting and management of cashflow
- Ensuring compliance with all statutory requirements including VAT, Intrastat, PAYE etc
- Responsible for statutory audits, liaison with auditors, company secretarial work
- Liaison with external 3rd parties such as banks, investors, insurance brokers
- Setting performance targets / KPI’s and measuring actual performance against those with financial and non-financial management
- Contribute to overall strategic direction of business with other management, directors & owners
- Ensuring robust systems of financial controls and reporting are in place to protect & safeguard the assets of the business and to provide for continued growth of the business
- Update group budgets and forecast information with difference business units.
- Overseeing General Ledgers including debtors, creditors, intercompany balances etc.
- Manage Bank reconciliations.
- Good technical knowledge and aware of current developments in IFRS, taxation etc
- Good communication & people management skills
- Comfortable and experience of working to deadlines
- Must be fully qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA CPA)
- Minimum 3 years post qualification experience, preferably in a manufacturing / construction / commercial environment
- Experience of preparing consolidated monthly accounts in a multi-currency environment
- Strong Excel skills, particularly on forecasting / modelling
- Well-developed system skills, particularly in financial packages ranging from Sage Line50 upwards
- Strong Microsoft Office & excel skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
In return, you will benefit from a competitive remuneration package and development opportunities within a nationally recognised company with exceptional professional growth potential.