Vacancy: Junior Site Engineer
Salary: €35K + package
A Junior Engineer with 1 – 3 years’ experience is required to join a one of Ireland’s largest main contractors with projects through-out Ireland & the UK. The successful candidate will be joining the existing engineering team on projects in the Kilkenny area. The Junior Engineer reporting to the senior engineer will be responsible for assisting on all setting out of the works and will ensure all works delegated to him by the senior engineer are planned and prepared in advance of their commencement and checked to ensure that they are executed to the required standard and specification.
- Supporting the project delivery team with day to running of site.
- Acting as a technical adviser on site for specialist subcontractors, concrete frame contractor
- Checking of setting out, levelling and surveying the site; QA, temporary works checks, temporary works co - ordination
- Checking plans, drawings and setting out co - ordination;
- Calling off reinforcement and ordering rebar from schedules;
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project;
- Overseeing quality control and the implementation of the companies of health & safety policy on site;
- Preparing reports as required for the construction manager
- Pro - active approach to resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
Education / Experience:
- Level 8 degrees in Civil Engineering
- 1 – 2 years’ experience as Site Engineer
- Proficient in the use of GPS / EDM / Robotic Total Station
- Operational knowledge of current Health & Safety regulations
- Excellent communication and planning skills
- IT literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and AutoCAD