Value Stream Manager (Production Manager)
Salary: €65,000 -€75,000 P.A. (Commensurate with Experience)
Established for decades, our new client has met and been at the forefront of market requirements over the years with Strategic foresight combined with sound investments, an economically advantageous product mix, plant versatility and the multi-faceted skills of their people contributing to their overall success and firm position in their industry. They have a number of accreditations to their name as a testament to their commitment to delivering ongoing quality and consistent customer satisfaction, this has been a key element to their success both at home and abroad.
The customer is at the centre of everything they do. Continuous technological innovation, research and development has yielded products with excellent functional and microbiological properties. This has been a major factor in their success, enabling products to be manufactured to the most exacting customer needs and requirements. They supply both local and international markets successfully by offering a flexible, reactive and bespoke service to cater for each and every customer’s specific needs.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the plant.
- They will take responsibility for the planning, management and implementation of process development, improvement activities and specific project activities with due consideration for line efficiencies, costs, deadlines and quality.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited to the Following
- Management of all production operations ensuring that product is produced to the required quality standard.
- Manage and collaborate with plant operations personnel ensuring they are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the production plan can be delivered daily.
- Maintain accurate inventories of raw materials and initiate reordering when necessary.
- Monitor key production metrics such as throughput, downtime, production schedule compliance, etc. and initiate improvement plans where required.
- Use Continuous Improvement (CI) tools to drive process improvements and problem solving within operations.
- Promote a safety-first culture, quickly identify & resolve any safety hazards.
- Ensure safe work practices are observed and ensure the requisite PPE is worn within designated areas.
- Report accidents/incidents/ observations and complete any documentation as required.
- Conducts employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of production personnel.
- Raise purchase requisitions relevant to the manufacturing process and GRN same.
- Identify and implement Capital Improvements in conjunction with the wider management team.
The Successful Candidate Will
- Have a Food Science / Process Engineering / Mechanical Engineering degree or similar qualification.
- 3+ year’s relevant experience, ideally in Food or Dairy production.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others at all levels in the organisation.
- Strong business acumen.
- A positive and flexible attitude and self-starting ability.
- Good understanding of planned and preventative maintenance.
How to Apply:
Please send your full and up to date CV along with a cover note or email (in word format) to our Multi-Sector team in order to apply for this role.
For a full list of jobs we currently have available please visit www.3dpersonnel.com/jobs/
3D Personnel is operating as an Employment Agency and Business.
Equality is at the forefront of our operation and we provide equality of opportunity to everyone.