Vacancy: Structures Foreman (Civils)
Salary: €70k - €75K + package (Neg. DOE)
3D Personnel currently has vacancies for experienced Structures Foremen on civil projects in Ireland, UK and Europe.
Our client is a leading civil engineering main contractor with an extensive portfolio delivering some of the most complex civils projects nationwide and beyond.
- Liaise with the Project/Construction Manager, Sub Agent, Engineers, for the plant and material requirements for the week/day. Allocate work, ensuring the right type of labour is available for tasks in hand. Complete labour allocation sheets and provide information for Site Diary. (Daily allocations, Works records, Confirmation of Verbal Instructions etc.)
- Ensure plant and equipment are operable and report any breakdowns for prompt action to avoid delays. Arrange for plant off-hire when not needed.
- Regularly inspect all sections of work for safety and economic working. Supervise Trades Foremen/Chargehand and provide instructions (hands-on training) to staff under him/her. He/she will report any non-conforming work to the Technical Staff for prompt resolution. In conjunction with the Site Agent, he/she will ensure COSHH data sheets, for products to be used on site are available and arrange implementation accordingly. He/she will act on the surveillance report received from the Safety Consultants, where corrective action is required.
- Ensure materials are delivered to the right location, on time, and inspect/arrange inspection of materials for compliance to specification, drawings or instructions prior to incorporation into the works. He/she may seek assistance from the technical staff for this purpose.
- The Structures Foreman will be aware of contract programme, work procedures and method statements to ensure compliance.
- The Structures Foreman will provide input for ‘fine tuning' of procedures, instructions, method statements etc. to reflect current practices and safe working methods. Supervise and co-ordinate Sub-Contractors work on site (when work is Sub-Contracted) to suit the current programme, and for workmanship & safety.
- At weekly or other regular site meetings, provide input for planning purposes.
- Ensure that in-process checks such as measurements, tests, inspections, etc, are carried out by the relevant personnel for certification/traceability purposes, by giving adequate notice.
- 8+ years plus civils experience. Roads/motorway experience would be a distinct advantage
- IT Skills are required
- Hold a valid Driver’s License.
- Be based in the Leinster Region.