Structural Engineer required for a large Infrastructure project which will be based in the Sligo area.
- Act as the main technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, craftspeople and operatives
- Setting Out using Total Stations, Dumpy Levels etc.
- Check plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations
- Ensure that all materials used and work performed are in accordance with the specifications
- Communicate with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors
- Plan the work and efficiently organise the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines
- Oversee quality control and health and safety matters on site
- Prepare reports as required
- Degree in Civil Engineering or other appropriate qualification.
- 5-10 years’ experience essential.
- Experience in projects within the railway industry (Not Essential)
- Extensive relevant drainage/civil engineering work experience in a similar role.
- Able to produce technical reports in a clear and concise form.
- Competent in using IT including Word, Excel, Power-point, emails and the Internet
- Excellent salary circa €50-65K
- Superb benefits package
If you are a Structural Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact David Guiney for a confidential discussion. 3D Personnel will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. 3D Personnel is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Cork