Vacancy: Setting out Engineer
Salary: €45K - €55K + vehicle + package DOE
3D Personnel’s client is diverse civil engineering contracting company with the turnover in excess of €100 million. They complete projects of a varied spectrum, ranging from major motorway contracts, road realignments, landfill sites and marine works to site developments, WWTP, WTP and public realm projects.
The firm has a staffing policy, which actively encourages internal promotion, and offer all staff every opportunity through a training programme to further develop their levels of safety awareness and managerial skills.
3D Personnel’s client is seeking Setting out Engineer to join the team. It is an exciting opportunity with a very attractive package on offer for the successful candidate in addition to long term career and progression opportunities.
Your responsibilities as Setting out Engineer:
- Checking drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations
- Monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
- Liaising with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress
- Planning work and efficiently organizing site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise
- Would need experience with GPS for drainage etc. on roadworks.
- Hold a Degree in Civil Engineering
- Have worked as a Setting out Engineer within the last 12 months
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience with GPS and Setting out
- Be highly motivated and organised