Vacancy: Site Manager
Salary: €75K + market leading package
Site manager is required to work for a leading main contractor to undertake a data centre project. Our client is a main contractor with projects throughout Ireland, they are one of Irelands most desirable main contractors to be employed by.
They are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Site manager to undertake the construction of a data centre in Dublin. You will be highly driven with ambitions to work on Irelands most prestigious projects.
You will have previous experience of at least seven consecutive years’ experience working on a data centre project.
- Responsible for the management of direct labour and sub-contractor packages as part of the project team, which will include the areas of GW’s, fit out, structural steel, formwork, blockwork, roofing and glazing/cladding packages
- Organise and lead regular site progress meetings with sub-contractors and design teams to monitor progress and record and update detailed progress reports
- Manage the day to day operation of the complete project from start to handover, reporting directly to the Contracts Manager on the project
- Maintaining a high expectation of Health and Safety and Quality Assurance
- Assist in the procurement and management of all project supply chain members
- Minimum 5 years’ experience required in a similar role
- An Engineering / Construction Management / Project Management Degree required
- Must have a background within Reinforced Concrete or Steel frame builds
- Must have experience with restricted sites
- You will need to have previous experience working on high spec projects that demanded an excellent quality high class finish
- Have a proven track record of delivery within a construction management or logistics function on busy construction projects
- Thorough knowledge of computer and database applications such as Windows, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project etc.
- A clear understanding of current Health & Safety legislation is needed
- Have a proven track record of seeing projects through to their successful completion
Key skills required:
- Have strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and within a strict deadline environment
- Excellent people management and client skills
- Strong attention to detail