Snr Project Manager – Civils – required for permanent position in Kildare
Job Role: Our Client are looking for an experienced Project Manager To lead and be accountable for tendering and management of projects in the pharmaceutical / data centre industry.The candidate will manage a bid team to tender for projects up to €50m in value with responsibility for commercial and technical submissions.
As the project manager, you will ensure that the scope of works are delivered in a safe manner, on time, to the required quality standards, meeting the acceptance criteria and achieving the expected financial outcomes.
• Organise the project team to deliver the contracted scope of works.
• Manage the project team, providing guidance and direction.
• Support the professional development of the project team.
• Undertake line management responsibility of allocated operational and functional resources.
• Ensure appropriate communication and coordination of the project resources.
• Chair regular project team meetings, ensuring actions are recorded and closed out.
Delivery of project scope
• To be fully accountable for the delivery of the project, ensuring it is completed safely, on time, in accordance with the contract requirements and to the agreed budget.
• Ensure the project requirements are identified, understood and delivered.
• Identify issues and ensure they are resolved in a controlled and timely manner.
• Refer significant / strategic issues to the overseeing manager and work with them to ensure they are managed and resolved.
• Lead the identification, assessment and documentation of risks and opportunities. Develop and implement action plans to mitigate / reduce the impact of risks, and develop and implement realisation plans to enhance the benefit of opportunities.
• Manage the “fit to start” process to ensure that we mobilise in a controlled and timely manner to facilitate the timely delivery of the project scope. Ensure there is an effective, comprehensive and formal handover from the work winning team to the delivery team.
• Ensure that the project team works to progressively complete handover documentation so that we are “fit to finish”, complying with the contracted completion requirements of the Client.
• Ensure that the project team comply with company standards, policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• 10 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry working on mechanical projects.
• Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering
• Appropriate safety training and qualification for the nature of the works (e.g. IOSHH).
• Experience in project management of an engineering project.
• Technical knowledge appropriate to the nature of works.
• Awareness of the administration of construction contracts.
• Client and stakeholder management.
• Management of a project team.
• Experience in developing and maintaining forecasts and budgets.
• Awareness of the use and interpretation of project controls to review the status of a project.
• Working knowledge of planning & programming.
• Commercial and contractual awareness.
• Professionally qualified or working towards.