Vacancy: Civils Site Engineer
Location: Dublin / Kildare
Salary: €60 - €65K + package DOE
A Site engineer is required to join a leading main contractor in the Dublin / Kildare area to undertake projects with variety of uses including commercial / industrial / residential.
The successful engineer will be experienced in working on large busy sites with a variety of uses while working within a main contractor, with at least 3 yrs experience you will be employed on a permanent basis and you will be provided with a great salary and company benefits.
This is a great opportunity to gain long term work with a large main contractor that holds a large amount of contracts over the next number of years.
- Setting out of civil engineering works within the operating area.
- Ensure quality control requirements are met and recorded in accordance with specification.
- Operate and promote a high standard of health and safety and environment.
- Plan and schedule the work and efficiently organise the site in order to meet an agreed programme of deadlines.
- Liaise and attend regular meetings with the visiting Contracts Manager to update on progress of works.
- Read and understand construction and other drawings, specifications and other technical information.
- Calculate quantities and understand construction measurement methods.
- Requisition of materials
- Understand plant and equipment
- Produce/ assist in the production of method statements, inspection and test plans and risk assessments and to ensure compliance of the same.
- Sound knowledge of construction methods, health and safety, and legal regulations.
- Experience of working within the Construction for a main contractor (essential).
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and consistently deliver safe and efficient projects on time.
- Team player
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to use initiative
- Strong attention to detail