Vacancy: Site Engineer
Location: Ballinasloe, Co. Galway
Salary: Neg. Depending on experience
3DPersonnel’s client is a large main contractor with operations across Ireland, they provide turnkey solutions to the civil engineering and building industries they have undertaken both public and private contracts and they have gained a reputation for delivering some of Ireland’s most prestigious civils projects.
3DPersonnel’s client is currently seeking to recruit a Site Engineer with 3-5 years’ experience in working within a large main contractor. The successful candidate will experienced in working on street works undertaking tasks such as – sewers, water mains, kerbing, pavements trench work & pipe laying. Candidates with SLG ticket will be given preferential treatment.
- Setting out of civil engineering works on a public realm project.
- Ensure quality control requirements are met and recorded in accordance with specification.
- Operate and promote a high standard of health and safety and environment compliance.
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities
- Plan and schedule the work and efficiently organise the site in order to meet an agreed programme of deadlines.
- Attend regular meetings with the section engineer/sub agent/agent to update on progress of works.
- Supervise and monitor the site labour force through general foreman and/or supervisors, monitoring the work of any subcontractors to complete the work as per customer's satisfaction.
- Oversee quality control and safety matters on the site, and ensure that regulations are adhered to.
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise at any time.
- Manage the selection and requisition of materials for use in the construction / maintenance, to check whether the materials are as specified.
- Supervise and ensure proper maintenance of materials and to advise on technology and modifications required for a simpler and cost saving mechanism.
- Prepare necessary paperwork for the completion of work and get it authorised by the client after their inspection.
- Maintain standards of safety and comply with Company’s health, safety and environment management system requirements.
- Take reasonable care of own health and safety and that of others in the workplace.
- Follow and maintain Company standards of quality in accordance with company quality system requirements general management and co-ordination of digital engineering information.
- Land survey and mapping tasks including production of drawings.
- Assist with the digital computation of construction quantities for tendering and measurement purposes.
- Support with compilation of as built drawings.