Vacancy: Setting out Engineer
Location: County Mayo
Salary: €50K - €55K + package
3D Personnel’s client is one of Irelands leading civil engineering contractors undertaking projects through-out Ireland. They have gained a reputation for being one of Irelands best civil engineering employers providing great benefits and salaries.
An experienced setting out engineer is required to join the company’s existing engineering team based in the county Mayo area. The successful engineer will have at least 2 yrs experience in undertaking preferably civils projects working with a main contractor. This is a great opportunity for an engineer to join one of Irelands leading civils contractors with long term work in the west of Ireland.
- Supporting the Senior Site engineer and Project Manager with day to day running of the project
- Acting under the Senior engineer as a technical adviser on site for specialist subcontractors
- Setting out, levelling and surveying the site; QA, temporary works checks, temporary works co – ordination
- Checking plans, drawings and setting out co - ordination;
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project;
- Overseeing quality control and the implementation of the companies of health & safety policy on site;
- Preparing reports as required for senior site manager & project manager;
- Pro - active approach to resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
Education / Experience:
- 2-4 yrs previous experience
- Previous roads experience or civils
- Operational knowledge of current Health & Safety regulations
- Excellent communication and planning skills
- IT literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and AutoCAD