Role: Setting Out Engineer
Location: Co Cork
The successful Engineer will be responsible for assisting the Senior Engineer on site with all aspects of setting out as well as liaising with the construction management team in the on-site control of the building elements of projects.
- Degree qualified
- Experience working for main contractors in Ireland or UK as a setting out / site engineer.
- Must speak fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland
- Competent using GPS or Total Station.
3D Personnel’s client is a leading civil engineering main contractor.
- Setting out and supporting the Senior Engineer with the day to day running of the project
- Acting under the Project Manager as a technical adviser on site for specialist subcontractors, concrete contractors
- Checking plans, drawings and supervisor of setting out coordination;
- Calling off reinforcement and ordering rebar from schedules;
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project;
- Overseeing quality control and the implementation of the companies of health & safety policy on site;
- Preparing reports as required for senior site manager & project manager;
- A proactive approach to resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems