Our client is a main contractor that specialise in delivering complex construction projects in the UK and Ireland for the last 100 years in the construction and civil engineering sectors. They operate in various sectors including healthcare, education, industrial, retail, sporting venues, transport infrastructure, marine and rivers, energy, commercial and leisure.
They are looking for a Senior Site Engineer for a role that they have available in the Aldgate area. Candidate will be working on a £100m high rise build project in the area.
- Supervising all engineering aspects of this large RC Frame project
- Supervising the sub-contractor working on the RC Frame and being the liaison between the main contractor and the sub-contractor
- Assist in the preparation of ‘as-built’ drawings
- Establish system to record work as part of the Quality plan for the company
- To assist in managing systems to enable the progress of work to be reviewed against time, quality, dimensions and quantity.
- Assist in the recording and testing of workmanship and materials, i.e., drainage, concrete, piling, brickwork etc.
- Provides engineering support to ensure technical problems are overcome and technical queries are answered.
- Responsible for setting out works constructed within allowable tolerances.
- Regularly checking the setting out points and benchmarks and checking that all setting out instruments and measuring equipment are delivered to site with a calibration certificate and recorded accordingly.
- Ensures workforce understand setting out information has been identified as suitable for the type of work being carried out.
- Assist in the preparation of sketches for distribution on site, ensuring clear communication channels are in place for effective understanding
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or relevant qualification
- First Aid