Vacancy: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Sector: Highways (Candidates from all sectors will be considered)
3D Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to work on an exciting smart motorway project in Southampton.
Your new Company: You will be working with a Leading Construction Group who specialise in both Construction and Infrastructure.
Project Details: You will be commercially responsible for the £200m smart motorway project in Southampton, the 15-mile stretch design phase commenced in January 2018 , construction began in Winter 2018.
- Manage subcontractor supplier accounts, financially and contractually, in order to secure full entitlements under the contract.
- Ensure that all reporting is accurate and completed to agreed timescales
- Ensure the project and programme contract, cost, quality and time targets are met
- Ensure prompt and regular submission of main contract payment applications and ensure that subcontractor payments are dealt with fairly and in accordance with subcontract terms
- Maintain and coordinate all commercial reports required for the successful commercial management of the contract
- Preparation of the forecasting and reporting of costs against value to ensure that it is in line with the contract profitability forecast
- Ensures compliance with all contractual requirements, provide support and training on both the contract and the schedule of rates to maximise value recovery
- Liaise and assist with the performance analyst in the preparation of run rate data, including the preparation of weekly gang profit / loss, plant spend, KPI and prefect delivery requirements
- As part of the overall management team take responsibility regarding health, safety and the environment providing commercial support Management, training and advise of direct reports Requirements:
The Successful candidate:
Highways experienced isnt required, candidates from all sectors will be considered.
- Expereience managing Sub Contractoror packages.
- Familiarity with NEC forms of contract.
- BSc in Quantity Surveying (or other equivalent commercially related discipline)
- Commercial and contractual knowledge, in various forms of contract as well as working knowledge of current legislation
- People management experience, such as managing performance, development and disciplinary procedures
What your new employer can offer you:
This position will be offered on a freelane basis. We are able to offer an excellent day rate, dependent on experience.
If you are interested in this project please apply below.