Senior Purchasing Manager /Buyer
Permanent Role – Full Time
We are working again with our long-term client who operates a group of companies across the U.K. and Ireland including a successful property development and real estate company. Due to current and ongoing company development, they wish to appoint a suitably experienced Senior Purchasing Manager.
Leading the procurement team, you will manage pricing and trading agreements and quotations,
ensuring our team deliver on time, meeting tight deadlines. Forecasting costs and estimates on a monthly basis along with regular cost reviews with the wider construction team will be essential in this role to work effectively.
As the buying lead, you will provide feedback and guidance on cost and buildability to the construction team.
The role of Senior Purchasing Manager is key in assisting the business to negotiate and purchase all material and plant to support ongoing projects, coordinating stock movement and delivery to
construction sites and improving efficiency, cost control and procurement performance.
• Preparing accurate quantities and material schedules for multiple projects
• Competitively sourcing and co‐ordinating the supply of plant and materials required for our projects
• Negotiating with existing suppliers and sourcing additional supply chains
• Producing, understanding and maintaining procurement schedules, raising Purchase Orders as necessary
• Supporting the site teams by ensuring materials are provided to the correct specification
• Manage all material and supplier issues with contingency plans
• Being proactive with suppliers, subcontractors on price increases, material availability, etc.
• Management of all internal and external queries
• Collate information for management reporting
A minimum of 5 years’ recent construction buying experience Knowledge of NI, ROI & UK construction supplier’s market Demonstrable knowledge of construction product and regulation Demonstrable experience of market research on pricing.
We are also keen to see CVs of Buyers with experience in the construction sector working for a main contractor.
Qualifications in a relevant procurement or purchasing discipline.
To apply - please send your full and up to date CV along with a cover note or email to David/Robert in our Multi-Sector team in order to apply for this role.
3D Personnel is operating as an Employment Agency and Business.
Equality is at the forefront of our operation and we provide equality of opportunity to everyone.