Senior Operations and Finance Manager
REF NO: VAC-13049
Salary: Competitive plus excellent comprehensive benefits
Dublin or Donegal however London based candidates will be considered.
There will be a requirement for some travel domestically and International as the team is multi-location.
Our client is a power trading company active within the wholesale electricity markets of Ireland, Britain and mainland Europe that has grown rapidly in just over a decade with staffing numbers now nearing 100 across various locations in Ireland, UK, Europe and internationally.
This company has ambitious growth plans that will require substantial growth in the strength and depth of their team to help make their future plans a reality.
What you'll do
Currently recruiting for a Senior Operations and Finance Manager. This role will lead a talented team of 8 covering Treasury and Operations. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy, controls and valuation of all activity across the firm, from proprietary trading to client contracting. This is a key leadership role for an individual committed to driving success for the team and the firm.
The role of the Senior Operations and Finance Manager will include:
• Responsibility for Financial Operations. This covers the protection of financial data integrity of a trade or contract from execution to settlement.
• Leading the Business Partnering team supporting the Front Office ensuring the accuracy of daily p&l / KPI reporting and ensuring this reconciles to the month end close.
• Leading the Treasury team protecting the cash management and liquidity of the firm. This includes ensuring the process of capital allocation and related reporting is in line with the firm’s business plan and is transparent to all stakeholders.
• Bring added value to the firm’s performance by assisting the front office with business development from a financial requirement / impact perspective
• Build and maintain strong relationships with the firm’s parent company, Mitsubishi, finance and operations teams
• Strong leadership skills to continue to motivate an experienced and ambitious team.
What you'll need
The Successful Candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
Strong academic skills from a relevant discipline – Finance & Accounting; BComm; Accountancy (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
5+ years’ experience in the energy and/or financial services sector, in a finance or operations function.
Strong knowledge of Derivative life cycle from execution to settlement with particular focus on valuation and margining
Modelling skills particularly focussed on cash flow scenarios with particular reference to changing market conditions.
Interest in change – drive process improvements, focus on automation, best in class mentality across all areas of responsibility.
Problem solving and a can-do attitude, coupled with a high level of resilience and tenacity.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Outstanding academic credentials
Share the values of Excellence, Curiosity and Humanity
Team Leadership and Management
In addition, the following would be an advantage:
Experience combining both the financial and the energy markets in Ireland/ EU or UK
What you'll receive
Competitive package negotiable and commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Applications in writing only please, send your full and up to date CV along with a cover note our Multi-Sector team in order to apply for this role.
Please note at this time, applications can only be accepted from those who already hold legal right to work in the location/country where the role is based.
3D Personnel is operating as an Employment Agency and Business.
Equality is at the forefront of our operation and we provide equality of opportunity to everyone.