Our client is one of the country’s leading construction companies operating on large construction projects across the UK.
They are looking for a Senior Internal Works Manager with good residential experience to join them on a project that they have in the Birmingham area working on student accommodation.
- Have overall responsibility for the successful completion of the section or works/overall project and to lead by example, managing the day to day delivery of construction projects
- Lead and motivate the team and manage performance, undertaking training/ coaching as appropriate
- Manage sub-contractors, including monitoring of contractor attendance and progress, providing direct instruction and support as necessary, such that contractual arrangements are achieved
- Produce and regularly review the project programme to ensure completion on time under the supervision of a Project Manager
- Maintain targets and KPI’s in line with Project objectives and monitor performance
- Liaise with Project Manager to keep fully aware of project progress and ensure that all additional work is identified and that the Senior Project Team are notified of all potential opportunities and financial, specification and time risks
- Experience managing specialist residential interior finishes
- SMSTS certificate
- First aid certificate
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to work with one of the UKs largest contractors