Vacancy: Senior Engineer
Salary: €55K - €60K + package
A highly experienced Senior Engineer is required to join one of Ireland’s largest main contractors in the County Westmeath area.
The successful engineer will be working on two new school that are currently being constructed in the Tipperary area. The project will consist of two new build school and small civils works to accommodate the school including lay-bys and car parks.
The successful engineer will be a highly experienced individual that has previous experience working for large main contractors undertaking educational projects. (5yrs).
This is a great opportunity for an Engineer with experienced to join a leading main contractor on a permanent basis with a large amount of public and private contractors over the next 5 yrs.
- Supervising the setting out engineers and supporting the Project Manager with the day to day running of the project
- Acting under the Project Manager as a technical adviser on site for specialist subcontractors, concrete contractors
- Checking plans, drawings and supervisor of setting out co - ordination;
- Calling off reinforcement and ordering rebar from schedules;
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project;
- Overseeing quality control and the implementation of the companies of health & safety policy on site;
- Preparing reports as required for senior site manager & project manager;
- Pro - active approach to resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
Education / Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Operational knowledge of current Health & Safety regulations
- Excellent communication and planning skills
- IT literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and AutoCAD