Vacancy: Senior Engineer
Location: West of Ireland
Salary: Highly competitive
A senior engineer is required to join one of Irelands leading main contractor in the Galway area. This is a great opportunity for an experienced engineer to join a rapidly expanding main contractor that has been undertaking projects for over 40 yrs.
The successful senior engineer will be working on various projects in the Galway and surrounding areas including residential, commercial, fit-out and education. This is a great opportunity for an engineer based near the Galway area to join one of Irelands best main contractors who provide highly competitive salaries and company benefits.
- Supervising the setting out engineers and supporting the Project Manager with the day to day running of the project
- Acting under the Project Manager as a technical adviser on site for specialist subcontractors, concrete contractors
- Checking plans, drawings and supervisor of setting out co - ordination;
- Calling off reinforcement and ordering rebar from schedules;
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project;
- Overseeing quality control and the implementation of the companies of health & safety policy on site;
- Preparing reports as required for senior site manager & project manager;
- Pro - active approach to resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
Education / Experience:
- A minimum of 9 years’ experience
- Operational knowledge of current Health & Safety regulations
- Excellent communication and planning skills
- IT literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and AutoCAD.