Vacancy: Senior Construction manager
Location: Dublin Multi-site
Salary: €130,000 - €150,000 NEG. Depending on experience
3DPersonnel’s client is a large developer developing homes through-out Ireland. They have been developing homes since the early 90’s and have gained a reputation for delivering the highest standard homes through-out their time they have gained a reputation for being one of Irelands best developers to work for work and with.
3DPersonnel’s client is seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Construction manager to be based in the Dublin area. The successful candidate will be responsible for multiple sites through-out the Dublin area. The successful candidate will be joining Irelands premier house builder on a permanent basis with a view to construct 2000 homes this year. The successful candidate will be highly experienced in working within large main contractors / developers working on multiple sites and large developments (8yrs).
- Management and coordination of design consultants.
- Managing and coordinating of service providers (agreements, plans, fees, handover etc.)
- Liaising with local authorities / relevant State agencies and departments.
- Managing and coordinating the PSDP and PSCS roles and responsibilties.
- Programming and Planning the phasing of developments and coordinating the provision of services to suit the development strategy.
- Property investment analysis and scenario testing: Discounted cash flow analysis accounting for revenue streams, capital investment, operational, FM, maintenance, life cycle, SPV, risk and other cost sensitive factors. Sensitivity analysis including consideration of the effects of varying interest / discount rates enabling an informed opinion as to the viability of a development under consideration and it attractiveness to institutional investors.
- Planning and managing the Construction phase of mixed use developments, including all aspects of cost control, quality, safety and environmental issues.
- Coordinating with Facilities Management companies.
- Maintaining tight financial control over all aspects of projects - conducting monthly cost / value analysis and producing contract reports addressing problem areas.
- Managing payment applications and associated issues.
- Maintaining positive, constructive and professional relations with the design team, PQS and managing expectations in accordance with the contract.
- Identifying and resolving serious technical or contractual issues with the design team.
- Actively pursuing and monitoring requests for design and other information critical to the continuance of works on site.
- Maintaining detailed records of legitimate claims arising under contract.
- Assessing the validity of significant claims and pursuing contractual remedies where pragmatic dialog has been unsuccessful.
- Monitoring project cash flow and taking action as necessary.
- Producing and monitoring project programmes and taking action as required.
- Managing, operating and monitoring Safaty systems in accordance with company procedure and current legislation.
- Ensuring subcontractor safety, quality and environmental procedures are compliant with the main contract, company and legislative requirements.
- Reviewing contract specific rick assessments.
- Chairing Safety coordination and joint safety committee meetings.
- Assessing Subcontract Works packages for compliance with the main contract, technical specifications and quality requirements.
- Agreeing trade specific terms with subcontractors to ensure each subcontract delivers in accordance with the main contract and within budget.
- Managing subcontractor valuations, certs, with-holding certs and payments.
- Managing subcontractor referrals to adjudication, conciliation, mediation or arbitration – anticipate and avoid where possible.
- Carefully managing interactions with unions and their representatives
- Managing Subcontractor insurances, bonds and warranties
- Making value engineering proposals and presentations based on the merits of specific bid benefits and proposals.
- Monitoring the capabilities, skills, strengths and relative effectiveness of team members and giving assistance and training as required.
- Ensuring team members understand key contractual responsibilities and entitlements.
- Identifying key staff members and delegate respective contractual, legislative and in house duties.
- Identifying any significant risk elements from a technical, financial and safety perspective and coordinating preventative plans, awareness and vigilance in relation to these elements.
- Producing and monitoring quality control plans and taking corrective action as required.
- Liaising with Architects, C&S engineers, M&E engineers and other designers to ensure design intentions are achieved and associated responsibilities are upheld.
- Facilitating the flow of information between all project parties - the Client, Design Team, Construction team, Sub-contractors and specialists.
- Ensuring budgets and programmes are scheduled and achieved.
- Actively coordinating Specialist subcontract packages and material supply contracts.