Vacancy: Senior Construction Planner
Salary: €90K -€110k DOE
3DPersonnel’s client is seeking a highly experienced Senior Planner to be based in the Dublin area. A highly experienced Senior Planner is required to join the planning team within Irelands leading main contractor.
The company is one of Ireland’s most desirable construction employers giving employees great company benefits including competitive market salaries and opportunities to further your career through training and the chance to work on large projects with a variety of uses including:
- Commercial / retail / fit-out
- Refurbishment and restoration
- Tourism & leisure
This is a great opportunity to join a leading contractor with a view to undertake permanent work over the next 10 yrs.
As Construction Planner you will
- To assist in the development, delivery and management of planning and scheduling processes, procedures and necessary protocols in implementing good practice planning and scheduling.
- To be responsible for the planning and scheduling activities in support of the development and delivery of the clients Programme.
- To develop the process and framework that is used to define, maintain, report and control schedules at all levels of the Infrastructure Programme.
- Identify interfaces, promote and monitor milestone definition sheets, establish baselines, code and resource schedules
- Work with Programme Managers and Project Planners in schedule development and milestone definition, in managing the alignment of scope, time and cost, coding, resource loading, logically linking and establishing performance measurement baselines to record and track progress on schedules.
- Work with Cost Managers to integrate time and cost.
- Work with Risk Managers and project teams to identify and drive down risk to agreed plans, ensuring that potential conflicts are understood and make sound proposals to mitigate each risk.
- Work with the Change Manager to provide constructive but determined challenge to schedule change e.g. challenge schedule assumptions and logic.
- Lead and motivate a team of Project Planners, ensure they have the required core competencies in the use of planning techniques, understanding and training in clearly defined project processes, that there is effective communication and planning co-ordination between the team and the Strategic Programme.
- Provide expert input at planning workshops and represent time issues at programme level.
- Provide presentations, coaching and facilitation in the use of Artemis and Primavera software
- Apply critical path analysis and assess the impact of change on critical and non-critical activities
- Produce progress reports showing variance against the baselines
- Provide guidance and undertake earned value analysis to trend performance, predict future outcomes and give early warnings to Programme Managers on potential savings and/or early completions and the converse, potential overspend and/or delays
- Develop and support process, procedures and workflows to automate activities and develop best practices and continuous improvement