Our client is a large multi-disciplined construction group with significant operations across Ireland and the United Kingdom.
They are looking for a Senior Civil Engineer with strong experience on roads and/or work on a flood alleviation scheme, to join their team on a permanent basis for upcoming projects they have in the Yorkshire/Hull areas.
- Undertaking detailed line by line calculations and checks of calculations
- Carrying out feasibility studies with option appraisals for optimal and buildable solutions and then proceed to detailed design
- Finding innovative ways of delivering more output for less design cost
- Ensuring technical delivery meets project objectives in terms of health & safety, quality and efficiency targets
- Management of junior engineers providing mentoring as required
- Advising on appropriate inputs for programmes, estimates and contract preparation
- Managing and liaising with contractors and sub-contractors working in an integrated design team
- Liaison with customers, internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful project delivery and to maintain and enhance the reputation of the company
- Liaison internally at all levels with the Department
- Hold a degree in Engineering or an equivalent professional qualification in Engineering
- Good experience with roads or flood alleviation scheme projects
- Good setting out experience on civil engineering projects
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates looking to work with a large civil engineering contractor.