Senior Buyer/Purchasing Manager
Permanent Role – Full Time
We are working again with our long-term client who operates a group of companies across the U.K. and Ireland including a successful property development and real estate company. Due to current and ongoing company development, they wish to appoint a suitably experienced Senior Buyer.
The role of Senior Purchasing Manager is key in assisting the business to negotiate and purchase all material and plant to support ongoing projects, coordinating stock movement and delivery to construction sites and improving efficiency, cost control and procurement performance.
• Preparing accurate quantities and material schedules for multiple projects
• Competitively sourcing and co-ordinating the supply of plant and materials required for our projects
• Negotiating with existing suppliers and sourcing additional supply chains
• Producing, understanding and maintaining procurement schedules, raising Purchase Orders as necessary
• Supporting the site teams by ensuring materials are provided to the correct specification
• Manage all material and supplier issues with contingency plans
• Being proactive with suppliers, subcontractors on price increases, material availability, etc.
• Management of all internal and external queries
• Collate information for management reporting
• Qualifications in a relevant procurement or purchasing discipline
• A minimum of 5 years’ recent construction buying experience
• Knowledge of NI, ROI & UK construction supplier’s market
• Demonstrable knowledge of construction product and regulation
• Demonstrable experience of market research on pricing
• Mechanical and electrical experience may be advantageous
Skills & Abilities
• Excellent communication, relationship building and negotiation skills
• Excellent numeracy, budget control and cost analysis skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to plan and prioritise workloads
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to adapt within a quickly changing environment
• Professional level verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced Microsoft Excel & IT skills
• Willingness to increase knowledge and personal development
• Knowledge of specialist procurement software
All appointments are conditional upon the following:
Receipt of two satisfactory references, one of which should be from your last employer.
Sight and examination of the original documents or an online check confirming your right to work in the UK.
Documentary evidence of your qualifications
To apply - please send your full and up to date CV along with a cover note or email to David/Robert in our Multi-Sector team in order to apply for this role.
3D Personnel is operating as an Employment Agency and Business.
Equality is at the forefront of our operation and we provide equality of opportunity to everyone.