Vacancy: Safety Officer - Developer
Location: Dublin 18
Salary: Highly competitive
Exclusive role from a company who don’t hire often. A large scale and highly successful development company require a Health and Safety Officer for a large scale residential development in West Dublin. The successful candidate will have previous experience working on large projects which are not necessarily residential, but preferably within a large main contractor or developer.
This is an excellent opportunity for a successful Safety officer to join a large multi sector developer on a permanent basis with ongoing projects through-out the Dublin covering Residential, Commercial, Retail and Industrial. Providing great benefits and excellent opportunities for progression.
About the role
- The Safety Officer will provide general support and assistance to the Senior Health & Safety Manager.
- You will carry out site safety inspections and conduct accident and dangerous occurrence investigations.
- Within your designated area of responsibility- You will carry out Risk Assessments & complete Method Statements as required.
- You will liaise with Site Managers to ensure Health and Safety documentation is up to date on site.
- You will maintain and track the accident and dangerous occurrence register.
- You'll drive a safety culture by being a champion of best practice; conducting training for new and existing employees on the importance of health and safety on the job and by suggesting improvements to existing methods of work
- You will have a third level degree qualification in Health and Safety
- You will have 2+ years’ experience in a similar role, gained in Ireland
- You have a strong and proven ability to influence change and be a champion of best practice
- You must have excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- You will have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint), and a general competence in using new technologies (Mobile Apps etc)
- You must possess a full clean driving licence