Retail Supervisor (Grocery)
South West Donegal
Start date – Mid August
Salary/Wage - Circa €12 per hour
This employer runs a busy community based grocery store and an opportunity has arisen for a Supervisor to join the business. The hiring owner is seeking someone who can manage and motivate the team, ensuring the store operates efficiently and effectively and to provide customers with the very best customer service experience and fresh food offering at all times.
• Always ensure that customer satisfaction is the number one priority by greeting each customer as if it’s their first visit to the store and consistently deliver an exceptional service;
• Oversee and ensure the smooth running of the store by prioritising and delegating the workload appropriately;
• Be organised, self-driven, show excellent attention to detail and use own initiative and judgement where appropriate;
• Achieve Retail Excellence standards across the whole store with attention to pricing, ordering, merchandising and quality food standards;
• Be approachable and a role model who leads by example and encourages teamwork, a positive attitude and atmosphere in the workplace;
• Set the standard for other employees in relation to rotation, merchandising and facing off;
• Develop and promote good communication between employees and management in a safe, respectful and inclusive environment;
• Attend regular management meetings and hold regular communication meetings with the team.
• Assist in the induction, training and development of employees;
• Ensure all employees wear their full uniform, name badge and display a neat appearance at all times.
• Manage employee’s performance, giving regular feedback, recognition and encouragement;
• Ensure company rules, policies and procedures are adhered to;
• Deal with all customer queries and complaints politely, professionally and consistent with store policy;
• Ensure the adequate timekeeping and attendance of team members;
• Attend any training or development programmes as directed by store management;
• Engage with new initiatives and embrace new ways of working;
• Actively live brand-values
Perform any other duties or assume any other responsibilities that may be assigned to you from time to time. These may be outside of your normal area of work. Furthermore, you may be assigned to work in other areas within the Store on either a temporary or permanent basis.
• Ideally you will at least a little previous relevant supervising /management experience;
• Minimum 1 years’ experience in a customer service facing role;
• You will have excellent communication skills;
• The ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, ability to multi task under pressure.
• Ability to organise work, delegate responsibilities and support team members in achieving the objective of the Store.
How to Apply:
Applications in writing only please, send your full and up to date CV along with a cover note our Multi-Sector team in order to apply for this role.
Please note at this time, applications can only be accepted from those who already hold legal right to work in Ireland.
3D Personnel is operating as an Employment Agency and Business.
Equality is at the forefront of our operation and we provide equality of opportunity to everyone.