Vacancy: Quantity Surveyor/Estimator
Salary: £35K - £45K DOE
3D Personnel’s client is a growing company and this is a great opportunity to get in with a dynamic company on the ground floor. 3D’s client provides is a main contractor who specialise New build, refurbishment and fit out.
The firm is currently looking to employ a Quantity Surveyor/Estimator on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will have 3 to 8 years’ experience and will be based in Newry office but frequent visits to sites will be necessary.
Reporting directly to one of the company’s owners, Quantity Surveyor/Estimator’s roles and responsibilities will include:
- Understand contract obligations and any other undertakings to the client
- Be responsible for submitting interim and final claims.
- Ensure close co-operation with the Framework Manager as regards assessment of progress, identification and evaluation of variations and additions to the original contract work.
- Liaise with the Framework Manager to ensure that claims issued are comprehensive.
- Identify increases in materials and/or labour, as appropriate.
- Ensure valuations & invoices are issued promptly.
- Report in detail as required by the Framework Manager, on the financial status of the project.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Negotiate, as necessary, with clients and/or their representatives.
- Ensure follow up on claiming retentions as they fall due.
Qualification & Education Requirements:
- 3rd Level Qualification (Degree/Diploma) in Construction Economics/Quantity Surveying, or equivalent.
- 3 - 8 years’ experience working as a Quantity Surveyor/Estimator, preferably with a Main Contractor.
- Excellent reporting, analytical and computer skills.
- Full clean driving licence.