Vacancy: Quantity Surveyor/Estimator
Location: Co. Dublin
3D Personnel’s client is one of Ireland’s leading Construction Contractors with a healthy pipeline of work. Our client are currently seeking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor/Estimator to be based in Dublin.
The role of the Quantity Surveyor/Estimator will also require working knowledge of multiple contract forms and the ability to price contractual and project risks.
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious Quantity Surveyor to strategically impact our business in the pursuit of building and civils works in Ireland.
- Analyse drawings, specifications and other documentation to coordinate the production of reliable bill of quantities and estimates;
- Review contract/ tender/ prequalification documentation to understand commercial risks associated with individual projects;
- Supporting the procurement of subcontract packages, suppliers, vendors and consultants, including performing tender analysis to ensure best value for money is achieved;
- Assessing cost effectiveness of products, services, materials, etc which may be considered as value engineering proposals during the tender period;
- Produce forecasted cash flows for tenders and projects;
- Produce high-level budgets for tenders and projects;
- Promote the Value Engineering alternatives to be proposed and considered at tender stage;
- Liaise with other contractors and our supply chain partners;
- Provide input on project bid narratives;
- Facilitate handover of commercial information to the Contracts Manager/ Commercial Manager at project award;
- Liaise with other team members to ensure the tender price is robust; and
- Attend site visits, as required (additional travel requirements will be reimbursed).
Requirements for Quantity Surveyor/Estimator:
- Third level qualification in Quantity Surveying;
- Minimum 5-7 years’ post third level experience;
- Good understanding of Public Works Contracts and NEC;
- Experience in buildings and/or civils;
- Strong IT skills using Excel, Build soft, BIM and PowerPoint;
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently;
- Excellent communication, written, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Organised and good presentation of work
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment to tight deadlines and budgets