Vacancy: Quantity Surveyor (Intermediate level)
Location: County Westmeath
Salary: Negotiable & commensurate with experience
Due to continued expansion, 3D Personnel’s client has immediate vacancy for an office based Quantity Surveyor. The ideal candidate will be degree qualified Quantity Surveyor and will have some site or Industry experience in a similar capacity, will have strong communication and IT skills, and will be energetic and motivated.
Excellent career prospects for enthusiastic, energetic persons interested in a career in Construction Management.
To assist the Managing Surveyor in the day to day running of Surveying Department. This will include various quantity surveying duties and management of subcontractors, materials management, quality management, resource management, Health & Safety management, and general administration.
Duties & Responsibilities (Non-Exhaustive)
- 1. Quantity Surveying
- Procurement of subcontractors including compiling of tenders, replying to queries from subcontractors, assessing tenders and issuing contract documents at appointment.
- Managing subcontractor’s accounts throughout contracts from appointment to final accounts including issuing payment recommendations, contract administration and assisting Managing Surveyor in settlement of subcontractor’s final accounts.
- Preparation of bills of quantities including take-off and assisting in compiling rates/budgets.
- Assist in contract tendering from compiling subcontract packages, obtaining quotations, transferring rates to Buildsoft/excel formats.
- Assist in interim valuation submissions for contracts.
- Occasional site visits to gather information and make records for surveying/cost items.
- Preparing budgets, cashflows and project programming and monitoring and updating of same
- Various ad-hoc surveying duties
- 2. General Administration
- Assist in general construction office administration including filing documents/drawings etc.
- Assist site management with head office backup such as issuing standard forms/record sheets, clarifying scope of works contained in contract price.
- Fully familiarise yourself with the Project Briefs (Drawings & Specifications).
- Completing and submitting applications for utility connections to sites including temporary supplies.
- Assist in compiling taking in charge applications for private development sites.
- Attend various ad-hoc meetings as necessary