Property Development Officer
Full-time Perm Contract
Salary £25-£30K PA
We are recruiting for/on behalf of a leading property development firm who has grown over the years to become one of the leaders in their sector, they have an exciting opportunity for to join their high performing and successful team.
Provide a short statement indicating the overall objective & purpose of the job.
Based in Head Office this role will manage the development team’s day to day activities to achieve the development delivery targets ensuring that projects are delivered in time and on budget. Responsibilities will also require assistance in the administration and support of a number of residential projects in NI working closely with all Stakeholders to develop plans, establish timetables and within scope.
- Provide a list of the key elements of the job, that the job holder will be responsible for:
- Identification of opportunities and assessment of potential sites and schemes.
- Assist the Development team in negotiating, acquiring and developing new projects.
- Liaise with legal team throughout the conveyance process to ensure acquisition of good title.
- Negotiate Land, Design and Build Development Agreements.
- Be knowledgeable about policy, practices, trends and innovation in relation to development.
- Prepare Development Appraisals for each opportunity and project identified, evaluating the financial feasibility of identified opportunities.
- Update Finance cash flow and any financial risks identified taking into account changes in approved budget, programme and design changes.
- Ensure that all financial management protocols are adhered to in accordance with Development and Financial procedures.
- Liaise with the Finance Team in all matters relating to capital expenditure.
- Secure grant funding and subsequent grant claims for projects, as applicable.
- Monitor scheme design progress against key milestones.
- Undertake business development activities in relation to the existing and new construction projects with specific focus in assisting with document control and management.
- Assist in appraising prospective schemes with the development team.
- Assist in and manage the information gathering associated with new planning and building control applications.
- Ensure that schemes are completed to the contracted delivery requirements with closely with design team consultants & site foremen.
- Monitor scheme bidding performance and pricing to ensure that the team are procuring at values which reflect the needs of the business.
- Lead and maintain relationships with partners and consultants to ensure we are a valued and trusted partner and are presented with opportunities as they arise.
- Liaise with vendors and negotiate commercially viable deals on the best commercial terms available, working with the wider team in the development appraisal process.
- Assist in providing analysis of investment opportunities and report findings to Directors.
Experience & Qualifications
- Specify academic requirements or equivalency, required years and type(s) of experience and necessary professional licences or certificates if relevant.
- Specify which are essential and which are desired. Include details of technical skills such as knowledge of a particular type of system.
- Good academic and employment background, with a numerical aptitude & ability
- Qualifications in Property/Construction desirable, relevant other qualifications considered
- Experience in Property/Construction Development desirable.
- Good local knowledge of the residential sectors in Northern Ireland
- Knowledge of developing new business relationships
- Acting efficiently and productively within defined decision-making processes
- Commercial and financial management
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a team across the business
- Ability to be highly effective in a corporate environment
- Great organisational skills
- Ability to build new business ventures
- Ability to make effective decisions within a fast-paced environment
- Great problem-solving skills
How to Apply:
Please send your full and up to date CV along with a cover note or email to David/Robert in our Multi-Sector team in order to apply for this role.
3D Personnel is operating as an Employment Agency and Business.
Equality is at the forefront of our operation and we provide equality of opportunity to everyone.