Position:- Project / Sr Quantity Surveyor
Company:- Long established Builder / Developer
Salary / Package:- €75K - €95K + pension, bonus, CPD
Are you an experienced and dedicated Quantity Surveyor looking to take the next step in your career? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are currently seeking a Project or Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a top preforming team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the cost of construction projects from start to finish. This will include tasks such as preparing budgets, assessing the cost of materials and labour, and ensuring that projects are completed within budget.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will need to have a strong understanding of construction principles and techniques. You should also have excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as the ability to work well under pressure.
If you have a degree in a relevant field and several years of experience as a Quantity Surveyor, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. In return, we offer competitive pay and benefits, as well as the chance to work on some of the most exciting construction projects in the industry.
- Preparing budgets and cost plans for construction projects
- Assessing the cost of materials, labour, and other expenses
- Monitoring construction costs and ensuring that projects are completed within budget
- Providing advice and guidance on cost-saving measures
- Negotiating contracts and deals with contractors and suppliers
- Preparing and submitting progress reports to Managing QS / Board
- Ensuring that all construction work is completed to the required standards and specifications
- Providing support to project managers and other team members as needed
Overall, a Senior Quantity Surveyor is responsible for managing the cost of construction projects and ensuring that they are completed on time and within budget. This requires a strong understanding of construction principles, excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to work well under pressure.
You the candidate should have:-
- A degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, or a related field
- 5yrs + of experience as a Quantity Surveyor
- Strong understanding of construction principles, techniques, and materials
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- The ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency in relevant software and tools, such as cost-estimating software and project management software
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of the relevant regulations and industry standards.
In general the successful candidate for this company and positon should be able to work independently and as part of a team, and have a demonstrated track record of successfully completing complex construction projects within budget and on schedule.
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity to advance your career as a Senior Quantity Surveyor. For more information please contact the poster Jason McGowan or apply today.