Our client is a large multi-disciplined construction group with significant operations across Ireland and the United Kingdom.
They are looking for a project manager with strong civils experience to join their team on a permanent basis for upcoming projects (including road and flood alleviation projects) they have in the Yorkshire/Hull areas.
- Project managing medium to large scale IT Change and Software Projects
- Keep aware of the external environment and facilitate public relations;
- Ensure satisfactory liaison with Stakeholders and customers at all required levels;
- Establish consistent management policies and guidelines;
- Plan and prioritise sub-projects to meet the overall project goals;
- Oversee selection and appointment of services and resources to projects;
- Approve the major commitments on behalf of the performing organisation, including clients, partners and vendors (multi-sourcing);
- Facilitate regular reporting, reviews and audits;
- Organise the transfer of 'Care, custody and control' of the entire works upon completion;
- Ensure efficient closure and archiving of project or program records.
- Building and managing stakeholder maps;
- Undertaking Supplier selection, management and point of escalation;
- Initiating and maintaining project plans and documentation;
- Managing and motivating project teams;
- Supporting negotiations with external vendors
- Have a proven track-record of financial management, with significant budgets;
- Initiating and maintaining plans and documentation.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in civil engineering
- Strong civils experience in a management role
- First Aid
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated looking to work with a large civil engineering contractor.