Our client is a Tier 1 construction company who have operations across the UK in a number of construction sectors.
They are looking for a Project Director to join their team on a permanent basis on a role that they have in the London area.
- Coordinates the efforts of various workers in order to ensure that required tasks can be accomplished
- Develops a timeline for the completion of certain milestones for a given project
- Creates a budget for the completion of a particular job, and monitors the amount of money spent in order to ensure the project does not exceed this amount
- Recommends changes to a project that is ongoing if it appears it is not proceeding on schedule or is producing unsatisfactory results
- Develops an alternate course of action for completing a job should the initial plan fail
- Makes presentations to investors, business partners and company executives concerning different phases of a project
- Reviews proposals and approves or denies them
- Contracts with outside agencies for support on an as-needed basis
- Significant previous experience in project management, in particular managing complex jobs, within the relevant industry is required
- The ability to communicate effectively is required in order to manage customer relationships, in addition to strong planning and organisation skills to deliver operational excellence and efficiency
- Strong leadership skills, including experience of leading teams and confidence in the ability to lead, influence and communicate with others to deliver targets are required
- Financial awareness is required to deliver targets, with a desire to continuously improve safety and sustainability performance
- An appropriate and valid CSCS card is required
- A relevant professional qualification, such as APMP, and a relevant technical qualification are desirable
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to work with one of the UKs largest construction companies.