REF: VAC 12644
Dublin (Hybrid Option)
Salary Highly Competitive Commensurate with Experience
This company is a successful Investment and Development company with a pedigree spanning over 4 decades. They wish to receive applications from suitably experienced candidates for a key role within the organisation to allow them to move forward with their ongoing strategy for growth.
Our client has secured a number of commercial and residential commissions and are actively seeking to recruit a project architect who is competent, efficient and has a positive work attitude. This position will be based in their office in Dublin.
You will have the confidence, ability and communication skills to work in conjunction with the architectural team to develop projects from concept design, through the RIAI/RIBA work stages to completion on site. In the delivery of projects, you will assist in the preparation of design work, production information including working drawings and specifications. There will be an opportunity for you to develop within a fully collaborative, enthusiastic team offering a competitive salary commensurate with skill level and experience.
The Architect will play an important role in ensuring good design principles are applied, quality control, and compliance with Planning, Building Control, Building Regulations, Contractual Obligations, Health & Safety Requirements, Project Finance and budget control.
The post requires excellent planning, organisational and negotiation skills as well as an excellent knowledge of urban and building design, planning, procurement, contract management and all stages of the development process from design through to handover.
- Preparation of feasibility exercises, sketch design proposals and project appraisals
- Carry out design reviews
- Review external Design Team's planning documentation
- Prepare design tender drawings & documentation
- Assist in the production of construction drawings & documentation.
- Prepare formal building contract documentation
- Presentation of feasibility studies to internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain a good knowledge of planning, building control, technical building regulations, building energy rating, health & safety regulations.
- Manage a number of projects from initiation to completion.
- Provide up to date programmes, cash flows and risk registers.
- Ensure all Health & Safety regulations are adhered to
- Ensure compliance with BCAR
- A good understanding of building construction and detailing including current ROI, NI and English Building Regulations,
- Experience in compiling and submitting Planning and Building Control Applications,
- Experience in compiling working drawings, liaising with contractors and preparing construction information packages,
- Experience in dealing with construction consultants,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Excellent presentation skills with a sharp eye for detail,
- Ability to take on responsibility, meet project deadlines and work collaboratively to meet company targets.
- Occasional need to travel to NI/ ROI/ UK to visit site.
- Eligible to work in ROI
- RIAI/ ARB registered architect,
- Minimum 3 years post qualification experience,
- Land registry mapping & GIS experience - Desirable
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Project Programme - Desirable
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Revit – Essential
Key competencies required in the role
- Communication and Negotiation
- Planning & Organisation
- Problem Solving
- Customer care
- Team Work and Collaboration
Education / Qualifications
- Degree level in Architecture - Essential
- Charter Membership of RIAI – Essential
How to Apply:
Please send your full and up to date CV along with a cover note or email to David/Robert in our Multi-Sector team in order to apply for this role.
3D Personnel is operating as an Employment Agency and Business.
Equality is at the forefront of our operation and we provide equality of opportunity to everyone.