Production Supervisor – New Role – Just In
Mid Ulster / Co. Tyrone
Salary – D.O.E.
This employer is a long-established global leader in their sector and supply to the crushing screening, and recycling industries (to name a few).
Due to continued success and growth they are now hiring across a range of departments and we are excited to be assisting them in their search for new team members.
Currently seeking a suitably experienced Production Supervisor.
To plan, direct and monitor daily conveyor manufacturing & despatch activities and
manage team performance by providing clear targets to meet customer requirements.
JOB DUTIES & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organise daily manufacturing activities within your designated production areas, based on customer orders and their individual requirements.
- Provide clear daily instructions to team members to ensure efficient production flow to meet production targets.
- Liaise closely with the Conveyor Scheduler to plan orders in time for delivery.
- Develop an effective working arrangement with the Purchasing Team to ensure availability of components as necessary.
- Resolve team issues, production difficulties and advise on possible despatch delays.
- Conduct, monitor & enforce quality inspections to ensure all products are manufactured to the required standard and according to customer specification.
- Lead by example, adhere to company rules, complete team records e.g. overtime, absences etc., identify hazards, report near misses and maintain an efficient workplace at all times.
- Direct the performance of team members, setting goals for them and providing feedback.
- Motivate the team to create a high-performance environment where improvement suggestions are embraced.
- Report any plant or machinery breakdowns as per procedure.
- Participate in training programmes for team members and deliver Tool Box Talks.
- Prioritise teams’ activities and expedite priority orders or changes in customer orders in liaison with the Conveyor Scheduler
- Utilise lean manufacturing techniques in implementing continuous improvements and support the General Manager to reach the company’s business targets.
- Monitor and enforce compliance with quality standards and risk assessments, ensuring the necessary records are completed and submitted as required, whilst keeping the Senior Managers informed of any arising issues.
- Ensure adherence to Safe Systems of Work (SSOW’s) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) across the team and implement corrective actions identified by compliance audits.
- Enforcement of company policies, procedures and standards.
- Any other duties, within reason and capability, as agreed with the Senior Managers.
- Good standard of education to GCSE level or equivalent
- Post-secondary education in an engineering related disciplinary.
Relevant Experience / Knowledge
- Minimum of 3 years previous manufacturing experience.
- Minimum of 2 years recent experience of managing a team to attain challenging outcomes.
- Experience within mobile screening industry.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work within a team and in an environment that has constant changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written and ability to listen
- Customer focus and drive for results
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office applications
References available upon request.
How to Apply:
Please send your full and up to date CV along with a cover note or email to David/Robert in our Multi-Sector team in order to apply for this role.
Note only suitable applicants will be contacted.
3D Personnel is operating as an Employment Agency and Business.
Equality is at the forefront of our operation and we provide equality of opportunity to everyone.