Our client is a contractor specialising in water and wastewater treatment across the UK and Ireland as part of regional frameworks. They are part of a multinational engineering group with a turnover north of £1 billion and they are expanding their operations in the London area at the moment.
They are looking for a Procurement Manager for water and wastewater treatment plant upgrades as part of the framework they are working on for HS2. Projects are worth over £80m and will be delivered over the next 3/4 years.
- To negotiate high value/complex orders at the most economical cost to the company and ensure materials are delivered on the due dates
- To ensure all key dates for procurement on projects are closely monitored and met
- Negotiate all major supplier packages for their works on this project
- Engage with Bid Management team to ensure competitive tenders and support work winning
- Ensure Supplier orders deliver best value Design and Value engineered solutions
- Lead Category Management strategy to deliver 'Cost out' not 'Price down savings
- Supply Chain relationship management, including Workload sharing and performance management
- Work closely with the site implementation team to ensure appropriate planning and co-ordination of materials for site team and sub-contractors
- Background in Procurement in the civil engineering or M&E and preferably, water and wastewater treatment and MEICA sectors
- Excellent knowledge of material costs in the UK market
- Good MS Office experience and knowledge
- Good interpersonal skills for dealing with suppliers, sub-contractors and senior personnel
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate looking to work on a prestigious project with excellent career development opportunities with this fast growing contractor.