Various locations -
Cavan FT Fixed Term,
Co. Wexford FT Fixed Term
Co. Wexford PT Perm
Co. Kilkenny x2 1 FT perm & 1 PT Perm
Co. Tipperary, FT Fixed Term
REF NO: VAC-13084
Pay DOE circa €14-16 ph.
Our client is one of Ireland’s most successful retailers in their sector with stores across Ireland and a workforce in excess of 500.
What you'll do
- Complete all tasks to the best of your ability and to the highest standard
- Participate in training programmes and implementation and be proactive in developing the role function
- Ensure effective time management and task prioritisation
- Carry out all reasonable tasks and requests as assigned by Manager/supervisor/ pharmacist
- Ensure discretion and confidentiality are always maintained
- Pro-actively deliver excellence in customer service at the OTC Counter at all times to include:
- Demonstrate excellent product knowledge across all product ranges
- Ensure timely follow through on all promises / queries made to customers and other health care professionals
- Professionally handle potentially irate customer in an appropriate and sympathetic manner, endeavouring to find a satisfactory solution
- Ensure timely follow through on all customer complaints and, resolve at local level.
- Escalate to a supervising pharmacist as and when appropriate
- Ensure telephone queries are answered in a timely manner and answered satisfactorily
- Strictly follow and provide an efficient customer/patient service while maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism in the dispensary
- Strictly follow the pharmacy system of dispensing, so customers are dealt with in order, thereby delivering a positive customer experience
- Pro-actively counsel customers on every new item on their prescription and on how to appropriately use, endeavouring to maximise the sale and the customer experience of adverse effect & interactions for harm minimisation under the supervision of a Pharmacist
- Strictly comply with PSI guidelines for dispensing all medicine types/classes
- Dispense RX accurately and in a timely fashion
- Report RX errors immediately to supervising pharmacist and record in error reporting documentation
- Maintain RX on file (with permission) to ensure customer/patient return
- Strictly comply with PSI and company policy for the dispensing of methadone (where applicable)
- Strictly comply with PSI and company policy for the dispensing of psychiatric medicines (where applicable)
Ensure professionalism and confidentiality are adhered to at all times
- Ensure customers are referred to a GP when appropriate under the supervision of a Pharmacist (differential diagnosis)
- Model the WWHAM questioning technique when selling medicines
- Answer all customer/patient queries, providing professional advice, seeking opportunities to sell associated products or services where appropriate
- Ensure consultation services and consultation room are fully utilised
- Ensure all dispensary daily / weekly / monthly tasks are completed accurately and on time
- Ensure the dispensary fridge temperatures & humidity readings are taken and recorded daily and any faults noted and reported to supervising pharmacist
- Ensure all “out of date” stock and monthly wastage sheets are faxed to appropriate personnel in support office
- Ensure all dispensary associated documentation are completed accurately and on time
- Ensure all items required for the dispensary are ordered accurately and on time e.g., vials / bottles
- Ensure timely follow through on all items in dispensary handover diary
- Undertake cholesterol testing & other such techniques as per Superintendent’s request
Support the Pharmacy Manager within the store in Stock Management specifically relating to: Ordering, Stock Receiving, Storage, Merchandising and Display, Pricing and Signage, Stock Management, Date checking / Rotation, Transfer of drugs, Disposal of drugs and stock takes.
- Support Pharmacy Manager in OTC Counter Presentation Standards specifically relating to the appearance and cleanliness of the OTC counters storage areas, floors, shelving, signage, etc. in line with health, safety and security standards and company hygiene standards
- Follow daily housekeeping guidelines (dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, rubbish removal, for store including non-customer areas including canteen, storeroom, toilets etc.) as specified by the Pharmacy Manager.
- Support the Pharmacy Manager in the attainment of maximum Store Audits scores; PSI Compliance, IMB Compliance, Mystery Shopping etc.
- Take responsibility for the accurate and timely completion of all associated administration, documentation, and paperwork (both internal and external)
- Support Managing Supervising Pharmacist / Pharmacist in the accurate and timely management of the following:
- HSE reconciliation and claims
- Doctors’ loans and owing’s
- Reclaims and rejects
- SMCC claims analysis
- High-tech fees
- Unlicensed medicine payments
- Hardship scheme payments
- Achieve agreed personal revenue goals and growth targets
- Support the Pharmacy Manager in driving sales
- Strictly follow company guidelines on processing sales, discounts, accepting payment – cash, credit/debit cards, vouchers, account payments, etc.
Due to the nature of the retail pharmacy industry, the company reserves the right to add additional duties or amend the existing duties and responsibilities, at any time, to fulfil business needs.
What you’ll need
- IPU Pharmacy Technician course or Higher Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Studies
- 2 years pharmacy experience in a Pharmacy Technician role is preferable
- Skills Required:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to use discretion when addressing customer queries and to treat customer’s information confidentially
- Good attention to detail is essential
- Organised with a proven ability to multi-task successfully under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Basic IT skills are an advantage
How to Apply:
Applications in writing only please, send your full and up to date CV along with a cover note our Multi-Sector team in order to apply for this role.
Please note at this time, applications can only be accepted from those who already hold legal right to work in Ireland.
3D Personnel is operating as an Employment Agency and Business.
Equality is at the forefront of our operation and we provide equality of opportunity to everyone.