Reporting to the Contracts Director as Package Manager / Sr Engineer you be responsible for the coordination of all project disciplines in conjunction with the Site Manager, managing the design and ultimately delivering a high-quality job on programme.
- Manage the project team and supply chain to deliver project to cost, time and quality standards.
- Provide a strategic link between the design department, commercial team and site.
- Take a proactive approach to managing Health and Safety on site by ensuring safety targets are maintained and actively seek input from all members of the site team on implementing safety improvements.
- Produce accurate, consistent and professional records, reports and general information.
- Survey sites to mitigate problems and check viability of design.
- Ensure the project meets clients’ expectation in relation to build and finish.
- Manage and coordinate sub-contract and direct labour workforces.
- Provide labour costing for various aspects of the projects to determine feasibility and profitability.
- Supervise and coach staff as and when development is required.
- Produce reports on job progress.
Education / Experience:
- A Degree / HND in a construction related discipline is desirable.
- Previous experience of running £20M+ projects working for a main contractor or a self build developer.
- Commercially aware with extensive knowledge of all disciplines involved in the construction process including design coordination, quantity surveying and procurement.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage client relationships, strong planning and organisation skills.
- Good career continuity with a passion for construction and building.
- A planned and proven career path in Construction Management.
- Proven ability of working on several projects simultaneously.
- In-depth knowledge of Health & Safety and other regulatory matters.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- IT literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
If interested please apply for this role with your CV or call the poster to discuss in confidence.