Vacancy: Mechanical Engineering Lead
3D Personnel’s client are presently seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineering Lead (preferably with Data Centre design experience) to be based in the Galway region on a permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity, working with one of the largest specialist Mechanical & Electrical construction companies in the Galway region.
The role of Mechanical Engineering Lead will have you planning, managing and coordinating all of the engineering and commissioning activities within the business unit. To oversee the process’s for design management, commissioning and project engineering ensuring consistent application of agreed procedures and utilisation of standard forms.
Mechanical Engineering Lead Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the design management process is followed by either taking on the role directly or appointing an individual responsible for this role.
- Ensure the Commissioning lead process is followed by either taking on the role directly or appointing an individual responsible for this role.
- On-going monitoring of the project engineering process to ensure compliance and mentoring of the project engineers when required.
- Structured mentoring of the graduate engineer’s in line with plan agreed with Engineering Manager.
- Assist BUL in resolving any significant technical issues that cannot be resolved on site.
- Monthly progress reporting to the BUL and Engineering Manager.
- Assist BUL with recruiting of and appointing engineering support to individual projects.
- Technical review of Tenders when required, manage outsourcing of review on larger tenders.
- Attend Tender Interviews as required to promote technical capabilities.
- Highlight emerging technologies and technically and technically access innovative suggestions in the region.
- 3rd level qualification in Mechanical Engineering / Building Services Engineering
- Ideally the Mechanical Engineering Lead will possess 8+ years relevant experience of which 5+ years has been spent in a design/consultancy capacity.
- Data Centre design experience will be an advantage
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent record keeper and administration skills
- Drives for results, Leads and influences others.
- Innovates and leads in mechanical/technical activity and challenges.
- Plans and effectively manages projects & Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
- Mentor and Coach to junior engineers and graduates