Vacancy: Managing/Senior QS
Salary: €110K + excellent package
Our client is different and unique in its approach and delivery. They are a market leader on a regional basis only. A dynamic and forward thinking residential & building contractor situated in Dublin.
Their capability, through a wealth of experience and first class competence, extends to the full direct delivery of development, design, build, management, service and aftercare.
A drive and passion to continuously deliver enables customer and stakeholder expectations to be met and surpassed.
With an enviable track record of successful high quality developments and construction the company traded successfully out of the recession and has been growing both volume and margins ever since.
The company is well funded and has an order book secured for the next 5 -10 years.
An amazing opportunity has opened up with this company and they are now looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor too step up or Current Managing Surveyor.
The main responsibilities of the job involve successful management and control of all aspects of the commercial function in order to control and maximise the company's profitability, protect the company's legal and contractual obligations and to manage proactively the control of all commercial issues. The ideal candidate will also support the Commercial Director in developing the Commercial Team in delivering profitability for the region through contractor procurement, cost planning and control, and general commercial input.
- Manage the preparation of initial budgets and cost plans.
- Advise on procurement strategy.
- Develop and maintain value adding partnerships and relationships for the good of the business in terms of products and services – optimising price, technical specifications, quality and on-time delivery.
- Manage key supplier relationships through consistent appraisal and review.
- Prepare works tender packages and contract documents, analyse and compare quotations received.
- Identify, analyse and respond to commercial risks.
- Ensure complete sub-contractor documentation in accordance with company procedures.
- Monitor works packages against budgets, assessing variation claims and preparing progress reports.
- Provide advice on contractual claims.
- Participate in project meeting to ensure that all commercial and contract procedures are properly implemented.
- Assist and advise on all expenditure against contract, to avoid unnecessary spend, ensure value for money and maintain a clear audit trail.
- Maintain files on all projects to include the contract, all correspondence, changes, amendments, clarifications and payment schedules.
- Monitor and ensure that project planned spend is maintained.
- Provide forecast pricing information for annual budgets and business plans.
- Ensure prompt response and resolution of all queries received from senior management.
- Process material orders in a timely manner.
- Compile and maintain library of prices on coins
Qualifications & Experience:
- Excellent communication skills
- Great time management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft packages (Word, Excel etc)
- Degree in Commercial management or Quantity Surveying
- Member of RICS or IOB (or moving towards professional membership)
- Previous experience working for a House Builder
- Experience of Contract Law
- Financial and Commercial awareness
- Ability to mentor others